GL Communications Inc. has announced its enhanced UMTS IuCS and IuH Interface Emulator, the MAPS™ UMTS IuCS and IuH interface emulator. The emulator can simulate more than 20,000 subscribers to easily stress or load test a 3G network. The application also supports SMS over active Mobile-Mobile Voice Call and Handover (Relocation) procedures, along with other call protocols.
Karthik Ramalingam, a Senior Manager for product development at GL Communications, said, “MAPS™ UMTS IuCS can simulate the IuCS interface between the RNC (Radio Network Controller) and the MSC (Mobile Switching Centre) nodes, and MAPS™ UMTS IuH interface can simulate IuH interface between the Femto Home Node B (HnB), and a Femto Home Node Gateway (HnB-GW) by generating RANAP and DTAP signalling messages over SCTP.”
He added, “MAPS™ UMTS IuCS also supports Iu-UP (Iu User Plane Interface) protocol with additional licensing to carry RTP traffic (AMR payload part) over Iu interface. Both applications support almost all standard protocols required for the accurate UMTS interfaces emulation.”
The new emulator offers the following features:
• Simulates RNC, MSC, Home HnB and Home HN GW entities
• User controlled access to Mobility Management, Session Management, RANAP and DTAP messages
• Supports RAB Assignment, Authentication, TMSI Reallocation, Encryption and other procedures
• Ready scripts for Mobile Originating Voice/SMS Call, Mobile Terminating Voice/SMS Call, Location Updating and Handover procedures for quick testing
• Supports sending SMS over an ongoing voice call
• Automated call generation and call reception
• Massive UE simulation with related information access directly from Database or CSV files
• RTP traffic simulation supports the following actions for almost all Standard Codecs
• Transmitting Voice Files
• Transmitting DTMF, MF Digits, and Single and Dual Tones
• Recording Voice Files
• Monitoring Single and Dual Tones, DTMF and MF digits
• Loopback, Talk using Microphone, Play to Speaker
• Provides fault insertion and erroneous call flows testing capability
• Impairments can be applied to messages to simulate error conditions
• Supports RTP traffic over Iu-UP protocol and also over normal RTP sessions (requires additional licenses)
• Supports Codecs AMR & AMR-WB
• Supports customization of call flows and message templates using Script editor and Message editor
• Provides protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of call flow with time stamp
• Protocol independent software architecture
• Provides call statistics and associated captured events and error events during call simulation
About GL Communications Inc.
GL Communications Inc. is a global provider of test and measurement solutions and has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors, service providers and system integrators to meet testing requirements that arise at various stages of telecom product development lifecycle.
GL offers a broad set of test solutions that help perform all types of testing on networks, from initial system design, to fine-tuning, troubleshooting, live deployment and monitoring. The products are widely used to verify and ensure 'quality and reliability' of Wireless (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, IP, TDM and PSTN networks. GL core product development is backed by a strong team of R&D experts to match evolving market and technical challenges in a most cost-effective and innovative way.